June is Seniors' Month and I am delighted to invite you to join me, as Toronto's Seniors Advocate, at the Toronto Seniors Summit!
Date: Saturday, June 18
Time: 10am – 2pm
Location: City Hall, Council Chamber & Members Lounge
The event will be a half-day summit for provincial, municipal and community partners, including:
- an overview of seniors strategies by the elected officials of Toronto and Ontario
- a seniors celebration of Toronto's recent World Health Organization designation as a Global Age-friendly City
- an open discussion of what seniors can do to advance their needs and interests in their community and combat ageism
- an informational opportunity with City Divisions and community partner info booths
- Some remarkable entertainment!
I encourage you to come, support and participate! Make your voice heard.