Library branches closed during labour disruption: Most website services available
TORONTO (Sunday, March 18, 2012) – A settlement has not been reached between the Toronto Public Library Board and the Toronto Public Library Workers’ Union Local 4948. As of 5:01 pm today, library staff began a legal strike.
During the labour disruption:
• All library branches and facilities are closed, and bookmobile and home library services are suspended.
• No fines will be charged during the labour disruption on overdue library materials.
• All book drops are closed. Borrowers are asked to hold onto their library materials until the labour disruption is over.
• All scheduled meetings and events are cancelled during the labour disruption. Room rental charges will be refunded, as appropriate.
• Most website services are available during the labour disruption. Please check the website for further updates www.torontopubliclibrary.ca