My office received the following update from City Staff regarding the Avenue Road watermain project. Work currently underway starting at the south end of the project and going north is as follows:
- They are backfilling the tunnel shaft on Cottingham St. just opposite the High Level Pumping Station.
- They are installing watermain pipes within the tunnel between Cottingham St. and Rathnelly Ave.
- The dewatering system is still operating at the intersection of Oriole Parkway and Frobisher Ave. They are still installing watermain pipes within the tunnel on Oriole Parkway from Kilbarry Rd. to Chaplin Crescent.
- They have almost completed the digging of the last tunnel section of the entire project which is along Chaplin Crescent. They will spend at least the months of November and December to install the watermain pipes within that tunnel.
- The dewatering system is still operating at the northwest corner of Avenue Rd. and Chaplin Crescent. This dewatering system as well as all of the yellow road plates along Chaplin Crescent are scheduled to be removed from November 14 to 25. This will require the closure of Chaplin Crescent to westbound traffic for that time period.
- An emergency repair of a combined sewer located on Avenue Road between College View Avenue and Eglinton Avenue has begun. It will require a lane closure on Avenue Road at this location. This work should only take about a week.
- They are doing asphalt line painting on Avenue Road just on the north side of Eglinton Avenue in preparation to re-open this closed lane from Eglinton Ave. to Willowbank Blvd. this evening.
- There is a closure of the northbound curb lane from Willowbank Blvd. to Roselawn Avenue. This area is being used to store equipment and supplies that are used on a daily basis for work all along the stretch from Eglinton Avenue to Caribou Road.