Councillor Josh Matlow



211 is your community connection. It is the number to call for information about human services – health, social and community services. 211 connects you with an information specialist who can provide information and referrals 24 hours a day. For example, you can call 211 if you are a newcomer to Canada and are looking for employment training or you are concerned about a family member with an addiction and need information about available programs. You can call 211 if you’ve lost your wallet and don’t know where to replace your identification or you’re looking for marriage counselling or even need to know where the nearest after-hours medical clinic is located. You can also visit the 211 Toronto website.


311 is a simple, three-digit phone number that you can use to get information about City of Toronto services or programs, or to make a request for service. Residents, visitors and businesses no longer have to try to find the right division or individual at the City to get information or help. Callers can get information about everything from Toronto Public Library hours of operation, to reporting a missed garbage pick-up, to finding out where the closest flu clinic is located.

Customer service representatives are available to answer your questions or fill a service request 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and you can also email or visit for assistance.


Accessibility barriers impact everyone from seniors and people with disabilities to families with young children using strollers. I am committed to working closely with residents to address accessibility issues within Ward 22 and the City of Toronto as a whole.

I believe that greater awareness of accessibility barriers is a great first step towards improving quality of life for people with disabilities and their families. It is important that landlords, tenants, and business owners are aware of the issues and legislation surrounding disability accommodation.

The following websites and contact information will be helpful to residents seeking more information about accessibility and the rights of people with disabilities. Most accessibility legislation is provincial, but the City of Toronto can assist residents with accessible transit and other services. Please feel free to contact my office for assistance with municipal accessibility issues.

To inquire about City of Toronto bylaws relating to accessibility, call 311 or email

City of Toronto – Office of Equity, Diversity and Human Rights:

TTY: 416-338-0889
Multilingual Services, call: 311

Centre for Independent Living in Toronto:

Phone: (416) 599-2458

Direct Funding Hotline: 1-800-354-9950
Fax: (416) 599-3555
TTY: (416) 599-5077


Federation of Metro Tenants’ Associations: (416) 921-9494

Ministry of Community and Social Services – Accessibility Directorate of Ontario:

General Inquiry: 416-326-0207
TTY: 416-326-0148
Toll Free: 888-520-5828
TTY Toll Free: 800-335-6611
Fax: 416-325-9620

Human Rights in Housing:

Toronto Transit Commission – Accessibility:

Broken Meter and Pay & Display Parking Ticket Disputes2018-06-28T17:55:16+00:00

The City has introduced a new parking ticket dispute process for parking meter and/or pay-and-display machine offences. It’s now easier to dispute your parking ticket if you have a valid receipt. Click here for more information.

City Council and Committee Meetings2018-06-28T17:55:23+00:00

The Toronto Meeting Management Information System (TMMIS) is your online window into the activities of City Council and its committees. Here, you can get up-to-date information including meeting schedules, agendas, minutes, and reports.

You can watch each Council meeting live online with Rogers TV.

Commissioner of Taking Oaths2018-06-28T17:56:32+00:00

Each member of Council is deemed to be a commissioner for taking affidavits. The associated duties and powers are set out in the Commissioners for Taking Affidavits Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.17. Section 2(3) of the Act gives members of Council, by virtue of office, the authority to take affidavits on any matter within the geographic limits of the City of Toronto. A commissioner for taking affidavits is not a notary public or guarantor.

The following are examples of the types of requests that are typically presented to members of Council and which they may sign if they wish:

Adult or child change of name application (Change of Name Act) Insurance documents affidavits:

  • Motor vehicle transfer
  • Lost cheque or savings bond affidavits
  • Affidavit of service
  • Affidavit on land transfer tax form
  • Affidavit of Responsibility (sponsoring family visiting Canada)
  • Passport – Statutory Declaration in lieu of guarantor
  • Permanent Residency Card

Please contact our office by phone at 416-392-7906 or email if you are is need of this service.

Have Your Say at City Hall2018-06-28T17:55:38+00:00

If you want to make your views known about a matter being considered by a committee of Council you can submit comments or request to speak. Your comments will become a part of the public record on that matter and will be made available for everyone to see.

Household Good Donations2020-05-29T17:47:54+00:00

The Republic Residents’ Association is helping to provide requested necessities to these new neighbours in collaboration with my office, and Mary-Anne Bedard, General Manager of Shelter, Support and Housing Administration. We are asking you, if possible, to donate some essential household and personal items so that the new residents have what they need to thrive, both while they live in this dwelling and as they transition to their next, permanent home.

Please note that due to the overwhelming generosity of our Midtown community, the Republic Residents’ Association currently needs time to process donations before more are received. Please visit their webpage here for a list of items that are needed and instruction on how to donate safely.


Monetary Donation Instructions2020-05-15T19:42:55+00:00

Residents and businesses looking to make a financial donation to SSHA’s 55-65 Broadway COVID-19 relief efforts are asked to:

  • Visit DonateTO at
  • Under ‘Where to Give’ you will see the COVID-19 Relief and Recovery option
  • Select Donate Now to enter their details and make the donation
  • To direct the gift to 55-65 Broadway specifically, email, include your full name and that you’d like your contribution to go to the 55-65 Broadway program.

Upon completing their donation via DonateTO, a thank you email (and tax receipt for gifts of $20 or more) will be emailed to you in moments. Please see the screenshots below for further information

Page Reader Press Enter to Read Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Pause or Restart Reading Page Content Out Loud Press Enter to Stop Reading Page Content Out Loud Screen Reader Support