On Thursday, May 28 at 7 pm, I hosted a public meeting regarding improvements to the Lawton Parkette at Yonge and Heath Streets. The community came to a clear consensus on the direction for the final design.
If you were unable to attend the meeting but would like more information, please review the documents below.
As a final preferred concept design, the community chose a hybrid of the two concepts presented. The key features will be as follows:
- General layout as shown in Preliminary Concept Two with revisions including:
- Replacing the isolated seating area at the north end of the site with the new stairs c/w railing and path connection from Preliminary Concept One;
- Relocating the existing armourstone blocks to continue to provide seating at the south end of the site;
- Consider including a second picnic table; and
- Ensure to maintain the existing trash and recycling receptacles on-site.
To view the final preferred concept design, please click here.
As always, please feel welcome to share your feedback with me by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling my office at (416) 392-7906.