The City of Toronto will be holding Community Environment Days at the City’s seven Drop-Off Depots on Sundays throughout September and October. The events begin September 13 and will run until November 1, 2020. The drive-thru events will allow for the safe disposal of household hazardous waste and electronic items and donation of materials such as household goods and clothing for reuse.
Community Environment Days scheduled earlier this year were cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions on public events. To create a safe environment for residents to drop off items, the City has changed the events to a drive-thru format. Health and safety protocols will be in place throughout the events to ensure residents and staff adhere to Public Health guidelines to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres or six feet from those outside of their household or social circle.
Events will be held at the following locations:
- September 13, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Disco Drop-Off Depot, 120 Disco Rd.
- September 20, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Scarborough Drop-Off Depot, 1 Transfer Pl.,
- September 27, 9 a.m. – 1.p.m., Ingram Drop-Off Depot, 50 Ingram Dr.
- October 4, 9 a.m. – 1.p.m., Commissioners Drop-Off Depot, 400 Commissioners St.,
- October 18, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Dufferin Drop-Off Depot, 35 Vanley Cr.
- October 25, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., Victoria Park Drop-Off Depot, 3350 Victoria Park Ave.
- November 1, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., Bermondsey Drop-Off Depot, 188 Bermondsey Rd.
Items that will be accepted at this year’s events include household hazardous waste such as propane tanks, pesticides, paint, expired medications and electronic items. The events are also a great opportunity to bring clothing, books and other items for donation.
In addition, free bagged compost will be available for pickup at the event. There is a limit of two bags per vehicle while supplies last.
Please note that other materials normally accepted at Drop-Off Depots including garbage and blue bin recycling will not be accepted during these events.
Also, at the year’s events, kitchen containers will not be available for purchase and non-perishable food items and hearing aids will not be accepted for donation.